Roadshow 2016: Eurostars Info Day
SMEs, research organisations as well as large enterprises planning to conduct an international, market-driven, collaborative research project met on 7 July to explore the many opportunities offered by the Eurostars-2 programme.
Organised by Luxinnovation, the National Agency for Innovation and Research, and the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR), the information session sought to provide a thorough overview of the Eurostars-2 programme and to explain how it can support R&D performing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The Roadshow kicked off with a general introduction to the Eurostars programme by the EUREKA Secretariat, presenting its objective and outlining application, selection and funding procedures. Specifically, Dr Vladimir Maly, member of the Institute for European Politics (IEP), provided useful advice on how to write a successful Eurostars application.
Eurostars is 75% co-funded via the national budgets of 36 Participating States and Partner Countries with the balance coming from the European Union through Horizon 2020. In Luxembourg, the applicable funding rules are established by Luxinnovation and the FNR.
The programme concluded with testimonials from two Eurostars participants: Thierry Muller, MaPs Systems and Dr Clarissa Gomes, Luxembourg Institute of Health. They talked about their own research projects, the collaboration with their partners and the lessons learned along their Eurostars journey.
Find more information in the following presentations of the Eurostars Info Day:
- The Eurostars programme, helping SMEs to innovate and compete internationally : Jonas Van Bockhaven, EUREKA Secretariat
- Eurostars national rules : Andreea Monnat, FNR
- Eurostars national rules : Alexander Link, Luxinnovation
- How to prepare a good Eurostars application : Dr Vladimir Maly, IEP member
- SME Testimonial : Thierry Muller, Maps
- Public Research Organisation Testimonial : Dr Clarissa Gomes, LIH
- How to find international partners? Local EEN office - Arnaud Duban, Luxinnovation