DIGITAL ECONOMY BUSINESS DEVELOPER
Over the last decade, Luxembourg has embraced the digitalisation of all parts of the economy and society. It has developed state-of-the-art IT infrastructure and nationwide ultrafast internet connectivity and has been investing consistently in R&D and Innovation. The national ‘Digital Lëtzebuerg’ initiative set out by the government is uniting the key assets of the country and sets the framework for further development of public and private initiatives to create value for the national economy. It has identified the need for stronger marketing and promotion of Luxembourg’s value proposition for digital enterprises as one of the key short term priorities.
1. Internationally build the brand of Luxembourg as a preferred location to host and develop global digital businesses from the Automotive, Life Sciences, CleanTech, ICT, Logistics, Space and HighTech Manufacturing sectors.
2. Improve foreign direct investment performance by attracting digital businesses to Luxembourg:
- Consistently identify leads of potential investors and influence their decision processes at the highest level in favour of Luxembourg;
- Support potential investors’ information needs with regards to investing into Luxembourg;
- Facilitate potential investors’ interactions with national authorities, business partners and clients.
3. Support the further development of the ‘Digital Lëtzebuerg’ strategy by:
- Providing continuous feedback from the targeted businesses to adapt and improve Luxembourg’s digital strategy;
- Supporting priority setting and decision making within the context of the national digital strategy by following and reporting about relevant trends.
- Master’s degree with preferably majors in business development, international business relations or marketing / communications;
- At least ten years in an international business development or similar non-commercial representative role;
- Thorough knowledge about the digital economy with relevant professional experience;
- Understanding of Luxembourg’s political and economic system;
- Strong intrapersonal skills;
- Effective teamwork skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English are essential, other languages, in particular French, are considered a great asset;
- Willingness to travel frequently.